Full-Time (Live-in option) Nanny in Glencoe
- 10 days of vacation per year, 5 days of sick time
- 8 paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- $250 monthly healthcare stipend
Meet the family: “We are so excited to welcome you to our big, fun family! Our household is a busy place:
A 3-year-old girl who loves singing along to Disney videos and drawing, dressing up her dolls and playing arts and crafts
A 17-month-old boy who loves making a HUGE mess with his food, sharks and cars
A little boy due next spring
2 large Labrador retrievers that love playing in the mud, swimming in the pool, and sneaking scraps from the table
Mom (me) who loves a clean kitchen (wiped down counters, dishes in the dishwasher) and tinkering in the vegetable garden in the summer; fun fact, I am the only adult in the house whose first language is English!
My husband who loves Formula 1 racing and ALL of his beverages (juice, iced tea, cocktails, and more!)
We also have an au pair and a housekeeper, and my husband and I are both executives for a technology startup, and work mostly from home. Both kids are at an “everything is dangerous” age where they need both a lot of stimulation and a lot of supervision. Our housekeeper, Margaret, takes care of the laundry for the family and all sheets and towels, plus basic cleaning. She really appreciates it when you help keep the kitchen tidy, especially with the kids. We are really looking forward to having you join our household!”
Family in Glencoe is seeking an organized and creative Nanny for their children. They are open to hiring a live-in Nanny, but that is not required.
- Caring for the children including dressing, feeding, changing, putting down for naps, bathing, etc.
- Engaging the children in indoor and outdoor, age-appropriate play, games, activities, walks, etc. to encourage growth and development; mental stimulation that engages the children’s brains and bodies is very important to the family
- Keeping the common areas and children’s areas tidy (load/unload dishwasher, wiping down counters, putting toys away, washing/sterilizing bottles, etc.); they have a full-time housekeeper for cleaning
- Running errands and/or transporting children as needed (reliable car required; will be reimbursed for any on-the job mileage)
Nanny will be:
- Experienced, confident, and capable in all areas of infant, baby, toddler, and preschool care; experienced independently handle multiple young children at once
- Warm and loving
- Safety oriented – keeping the kids happy and safe is the #1 priority
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive/takes initiative – you’ll be responsible for the kid spaces, including cycling out clothes they’ve outgrown and managing the (numerous) toy organization and rotation
- Flexible and committed
- Positive, easy-going, and drama free
- Active and energetic
- Creative and engaging
- Occasionally able to travel with the family or do overnights when parents travel for work
- A strong swimmer – the family has a pool
- Comfortable with dogs – the family has two enthusiastic labs, 110 lbs each; nanny will let in/out and towel them off if they come inside when it’s raining (in very rare circumstances, feed them)
Both parents work full-time from home offices.