Chicago Nanny Screening Process
Our recruiting process begins by casting a wide net across many mediums, including print, web, and sourcing candidates directly. Each caregiver then has to go through our intensive screening process, eliminating 90% of Chicago nanny applicants. This ensures that our clients do not have to spend any time sifting through applications or worrying about qualifications. You can make one call and rest assured that we will quickly find you the best nanny for your needs.
Below are the steps our nannies complete in the screening process:
- Minimum requirements fulfilled (at least 21 years old, non-smokers, and eligible to work in the U.S.)
- On-line application completed
- Screening interview completed
- Related references/employment verification checked
- Two-step background investigation
- Level 1 background check (pre-screening): Basic Identity Research (SSN issuance information and names associated with the SSN in consumer reference files), Multijurisdictional Criminal Records Database Search, and Driving History (driving record from the state in which the individual is licensed).
- Level 2 background check (run on the candidate when you make a job offer): US Department of Justice sex offender website search, DPS criminal record database, county criminal checks under all names in all counties associated with the person in the past seven years, and criminal searches under all names in each federal district associated with the person in the past seven years.
- Highest level of education verified
- CPR and First Aid certification complete (prior to starting the position)
Also available per long-term nanny client’s request at an additional cost: 5-panel drug screening.