Photo from The Scout Guide Austin
This week kicks off National Nanny Recognition Week! If you are looking for ways to show your nanny you appreciate them, we put a list together of 10 of our favorite picks!
1. Surprise your nanny with a paid day off! Often times nannies work odd or long hours, so this will really go a long way. Let her recharge and feel appreciated!
2. A bonus always goes a long way, and shows your nanny you think she is going above and beyond!
3. You can also give your nanny a mani/pedi or massage gift card to relax and feel extra polished.
4. If you have creative children, you can have them sing her a song! You can also record this song or a video from members of your family talking about what makes her special to them.
5. If your children enjoy arts and crafts, encourage them to make her a heartfelt card! Homemade gifts are really touching and she can keep this as a sweet reminder.
6. Your nanny may spend a lot of time preparing you and your children meals, so switch things up and treat her to her favorite restaurant!
7. Make your nanny a memory book! If you have traveled together or have lots of fun photos together, this can be a great way to preserve and remember those memories. It can also be a really fun activity for your children.
8. If you feel like you already treat your nanny, donate to a cause that is near and dear to her!
9. Throw your nanny a party! Put up some decorations, bake some sweet treats with your children, and throw on a fun playlist with music she likes. Celebrate together!
10. Give your nanny a gift card to something easy like Target or Starbucks. If they have a favorite place they frequent they will really appreciate this.
This week may be a good time to show your nanny extra appreciation, but make sure to show them love all year!