When you have a Nanny Manager, you have more than someone who simply cares for your children. You have a right-hand man who is such a fantastic help during the holiday season. In the past, my nanny has been a life-saver, and so I thought I’d share some of the ways I’ve enlisted her for help:
- Shop for gifts
- Help with holiday parties (shop for groceries, watch kids in evening while hosted or attended)
- Wrap presents
- Maintain a spreadsheet of who has/needs presents
- Prepare gifts for neighbors (last year they made cute bags of trail mix)
- Address holiday cards
- Make teacher gifts with the kids
- Help the kids make/buy something special for grandparents or for each other
- Pack for travel / travel with you
Now, I have to mention that I’ve had a “super-nanny” who is very creative, and has been with me for nearly six years. She hasn’t done all of these items every year, and I didn’t give them to her all in year one! It may be best to ease your nanny into some of these duties to see what she can handle and where she is most talented. If you need a little extra help, you can always enlist one of our “Holiday Elves” for some seasonal assistance.
Also, be sure to reward your nanny for all of their help throughout the year, as well as the extra she does during this season, with a generous holiday gift or bonus!