Become an MBF Nanny!
Welcome Nannies! When you are searching for an Austin nanny job, Mom’s Best Friend gets to know you, learns about your strengths, experience, and talents, and matches you with the right family. We place caring, professional, proactive nannies in wonderful long-term positions. There are no agency fees for nannies to find a job, and no payroll deductions!
Austin nanny jobs through Mom’s Best Friend are exceptional because of our:
- Personal attention – we get to know you, care about you, and want to look out for your best interest
- Better families – they respect professional nannies, they are willing to make a commitment, and they will pay a salary that is commensurate with your expertise
- Support and expertise – we are your cheerleader, and can coach you in your presentation of your strengths and experiences
- Respect of professional experience – we appreciate what you do for families and are an advocate for the nanny industry
- Free curriculum – we provide weekly themed curriculum (activities, crafts, snacks) to placed nannies
- Safety – we screen the families, continue to get feedback from nannies who have met the families, and we won’t send you into an uncomfortable situation
- Ongoing support – we check in with you, host fun nanny events, develop an ongoing relationship, and will place you in future jobs
- Never any fees for nannies
If you want to work with Mom’s Best Friend as an Austin nanny, please view our open positions and apply today!
We are looking for positive, flexible, and “can-do” nannies! In order to qualify for any Mom’s Best Friend Austin nanny jobs, you must:
- Speak English
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s license, your own car, and current insurance
- Have at least 3 childcare references (at least 1 of them in-home) and/or 3 years of related experience
- Have your high school diploma or GED
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. (and provide proof to Mom’s Best Friend)
- Have a clean criminal background (no misdemeanors or felonies)
- Be First Aid / CPR Trained prior to being sent out to families (may apply prior to training)
MBF Nannies are screened, experienced professionals. Our nannies plan entertaining games and activities to stimulate a child’s learning, imagination, and development (we provide weekly ideas to placed nannies)
The focus of the nanny is on the children, with duties relating specifically to their care (including children’s meals, laundry, and transportation), but also include keeping the home tidy throughout the day (picking up toys, loading/unloading dishwasher, etc.). Job descriptions will note any additional household duties, such as organizing, homework support, errands (e.g., grocery shopping), and/or preparing meals.
- Screening: Complete the online application, which will be reviewed by a Staffing Specialist. If you meet our criteria, we will contact you for an in-person interview. Following the screening interview, we will complete the remaining steps including a reference check, criminal background check, and various paperwork.
- Interviewing: If you pass our screening process, we can then send your profile to hiring families. Those families let Mom’s Best Friend know who they choose to interview.
- Trial time: Families and Candidates use this time to make sure that you are both completely certain of the match.
- Job offer: Families will complete an Employment Agreement for (or with) the candidate they hire. This employment agreement ensures that both parties are clear on the duties, the compensation, vacation, sick time, and many more details. Upon hire, we will be there to support you on an ongoing basis!