Mom's Best Friend: About Us
Since 1994, Mom’s Best Friend has been matching selective clientele with exceptional nannies and babysitters. Our agency selects only experienced candidates, all of whom must pass an extensive screening process. Fewer than 10% of all applicants are selected be sent out to Austin families. Mom’s Best Friend has set the bar for excellence for Austin Nanny Agencies. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
To enrich the lives of our client families by providing exceptional, service-hearted household staff.
- Offer an exceptional customer experience
- Nurture professional, devoted candidates
- Demonstrate leadership in the household staffing industry
- Foster employee enthusiasm
- Give back locally and globally
We stand by our professionalism and credibility, and as a testament to our accountability, we are members of the following industry organizations:
- Association of Premier Nanny Agencies: A Household Staffing Alliance: For many years, Mom’s Best Friend has been both a member and an active participant in the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies. In order to become a member, APNA’s process required verification of operating practices, review of our client application, and adherence to the APNA Code of Ethics and the Standards of Ethical Practices. Two of our owners are board members, and we often contribute further as frequent APNA conference speakers.
- International Nanny Association: Mom’s Best Friend is a long-time member of this non-profit, educational association. INA has worked to professionalize the industry by setting high standards for industry professionals and nanny agencies. INA leverages the expertise of industry professionals from around the globe to help increase awareness about the industry, to develop the professional skills of nannies, and to educate parents about the benefits of hiring a qualified nanny to care for their children.
- Domestic Estate Managers Association: The Domestic Estate Managers Association was created to provide a forum for Private Service Professionals and certified service vendors interested in better serving and protecting the best interests of their clients. The fundamental purpose of the Association is to raise industry standards.
About the Owners
Kathy Dupuy founded Mom’s Best Friend in Austin in 1994. She and her husband Stuart (who now also works full-time in the business), have four children of their own, and have successfully guided the company’s expansion. Mom’s Best Friend has offices in Austin, Houston and Chicago, and a franchise in Dallas/Ft. Worth and Vail/Beaver Creek. The company has grown from a local nanny and sitter service to a full service household staffing agency.
Kathy writes the Nanny Employer Blog, and her depth of expertise often leads to speaking engagements for local corporations and national nanny and household staffing industry events, such as the Association of Premier Nanny Agencies (she previously served on the Board of Directors) and the International Nanny Association’s annual conferences.
Prior to launching Mom’s Best Friend, Kathy received her Bachelor’s degree from Vanderbilt University of Nashville, Tennessee, where she studied political science, communications and theater. Kathy studied European political science at Vanderbilt in London as well, and worked for several political organizations before starting Mom’s Best Friend.
Mom’s Best Friend Nannies and Sitters is a division of MBF Agency, a full-service household staffing agency. MBF Agency responds to client needs throughout the Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Vail/Beaver Creek, and Chicago areas.