Child Educator Job Requirements and Duties
Basic Job Requirements
In order to qualify for any Mom’s Best Friend jobs, you must:
- Speak English
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have your own car and current insurance
- Have at least 3 references and/or 3 years of related experience
- Have your high school diploma or GED
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. (and provide proof to Mom’s Best Friend)
- Have a clean criminal background (no misdemeanors or felonies)
- Be First Aid / CPR Trained prior to being sent out to families (may apply prior to training)
- A Bachelor’s Degree will be preferred for many of the positions, and a Bachelor’s Degree and Teaching Certificate/Experience will be required for Private Educators/Tutors
Child Educator Duties
A child educator job can range quite a bit. Typically, they fall into three categories, but a combination is also not uncommon:
- Pre-School Nanny/Educator: This Nanny is often going to have a pre-school teaching background, or be a nanny with plenty of continuing education, or knowledge regarding developmental playtimes and milestones. They also cover typical nanny duties such as meal preparation, activities and games, transportation, etc.
- Nanny/Educator: This option covers all caregiving duties that a Nanny would normally take on, plus they can get child(ren) set up for on-line learning (school provided), keep them on task, and provide homework assistance. Depending on the needs of the family, and the number/ages of children, this position may be either heavier in the nanny or educational components. This Nanny will typically have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Private Educators/Tutors: This candidate will need to have a knowledge of all core subjects, a teaching background/credentials, the ability to create and plan curriculum, and experience/education that covers the child(ren)’s age(s).